2018 PRSA ECD QuickStart Leadership Conference: Elevating the Profession
Are you taking on a leadership position in your PRSA chapter in 2019? If so, mark your calendar for the annual QuickStart Leadership Conference, taking place on Saturday, September, 15 in Columbus, Ohio at the Fahlgren Mortine offices in Easton Town Center.
FREE to two chapter leaders, this one-day conference will give you tips and best practices on chapter planning, membership recruitment and retention, among other topics, and offers a chance to talk with your peers from among our District’s 17 PRSA chapters.
The first 10 chapter registrants will receive a $150 travel scholarship this year, which can offset hotel or gas costs (one per chapter). This is a great opportunity to prepare you and your chapter to help Elevate the Profession in 2019!
The fun begins with an optional happy hour networking event at Bar Louie on Friday, September 14, from 5:30 p.m.- 8 p.m. The Central Ohio PRSA chapter and ECD have joined together to provide heavy appetizers. Drinks are on your own.
On Saturday, parking is available in the garage behind Fahlgren Mortine; park on the top floor to enter the building. The one-day conference kicks off at 7:30 a.m. with a continental breakfast. We’ll wrap up and have you on your way no later than 4 p.m.
Here’s our agenda:
Location: Fahlgren Mortine ▪ 4030 Easton Station, Suite 300 ▪ Columbus, OH
Hotel: Courtyard Columbus Easton ▪ 3900 Morse Crossing ▪ Columbus, OH
Friday, September 14
- 1 to 5 p.m. ECD board meeting @ Fahlgren Mortine offices (ECD Board members only)
- 5:30– 8 p.m. Happy Hour: PRSA ECD QuickStart, hosted by PRSA Central Ohio (Everyone!)
Location: Bar Louie
NOTE: Heavy appetizers provided; all attendees on own for beverages
Saturday, September 15
- 7:30 to 8 a.m. Registration/Arrival Continental breakfast open
- 8 to 8:15 a.m. Welcome and Introductions
- Jennifer Flowers-Kolf, APR, Chair-Elect, PRSA ECD
- 8:15 to 8:45 a.m. PRSA East Central District Overview
- Andrea Clark, APR, Chair, PRSA ECD
- 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. PRSA National Update and Overview
- Crystal DeStefano, Fellow PRSA, PRSA Northeast Regional Representative
- 9:15 to 10 a.m. “Working as a District to Transition PRSSA Members to PRSA”
- National Faculty Advisor for PRSSA and Central Ohio Chapter Board Member, Dr. Alisa Agozzino, Ph.D., APR, Associate Professor of Public Relations at Ohio Northern University
- 10-10:10 a.m. Break
- 10:10-11 a.m. Chapter Programming Best Practices
- Robin Klaene, Program Chair, PRSA Cincinnati
- 11-11:45 a.m. Strategic Planning and Chapter Operations
- Deanna Tomaselli, Public Service Chair, PRSA Pittsburgh
- 11:45-12:30 p.m. Lunch (Networking Time with Fellow Attendees)
- 12:30-2 p.m. Diversity & Inclusion Best Practices at the Chapter Level
- Jaron M. Terry, MS, APR, Fellow PRSA, Member, PRSA National Diversity & Inclusion Committee, and PRSA Central Ohio; Gayle Saunders, APR, CEO – The Saunders Company, PRSA Central Ohio and Shanikka Flinn, Diversity & Inclusion Committee Chair, PRSA Central Ohio
- 2-2:45 p.m. Promoting APR and the Code of Ethics
- Megan Soule, APR, President-Elect, PRSA Detroit
- 2:45-3 p.m. Break (optional)
- 3-3:45 p.m. Roundtable Discussion on General Chapter Leadership Questions and Ideas (Everyone)
- Facilitated by Adrienne Wallace, APR, PRSA ECD Board
- 3:45-4 p.m. Closing Remarks – Andrea Clark, APR, PRSA ECD Chair
- 4 p.m. Conference Adjourns (4 p.m.)
Thank you for your participation!