Our Request for Proposal, as well as other information, is below. You may also download it directly here.
Request For Proposal: PRSA East Central District Administrator
Contact: Andrea Farmer
June 1, 2020
The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is the nation’s largest professional organization serving the communications community with a mission to “make communications professionals smarter, better prepared and more connected through all stages of their career.” Membership collectively represents more than 30,000 members comprising communications professionals spanning every industry sector nationwide and college and university students who encompass the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA).
About PRSA East Central District:
The East Central District represents 17 chapters in six states (Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia). The East Central District serves as a link between local PRSA chapters and national leadership. prsaecd.org
Scope of Services:
The East Central District of PRSA is in search of an individual/entity to perform administrative duties on behalf of the district, including such activities as:
● Schedule all District board meetings and send calendar appointments with supporting materials to officers and board members.
● Provide a physical mailing address for the East Central District.
● Routinely collect and organize all incoming mail on behalf of the District.
● Forward all pertinent mail (if any) to the appropriate officers on the executive board of directors for the East Central District.
● Upload digital copies of all district records (monthly bank statements, receipts, tax documentation etc.) to the district’s Google Drive, as well as the dashboard provided by PRSA National.
● Remit payments for all district financial obligations including but not limited to the following (web hosting service, officer travel reimbursements, annual QuickStart event expenses, etc.).
● Reconcile all financial statements monthly.
● Manage QuickStart attendee RSVP process and facilitate event registration, including facility arrangements, materials printing, nametags, etc.
● Prepare and send a monthly financial statement to the district treasurer one week prior to the scheduled East Central District teleconference. The treasurer will review and request changes, if necessary, and the treasurer will be responsible for submitting to the board secretary.
● File federal income tax documents on behalf of the district prior to the annual filing deadline each year.
● Spearhead district awards program, including the following responsibilities:
o Coordinate and oversee reciprocal judging program (finding judges for our awards program, and finding East Central District members to serve as judges for another awards program)
o Set up and maintain online judging portal (currently using OpenWater)
o Solicit bids for awards trophies and coordinate ordering and fulfillment process
o Work with committee to help them promote awards
● Update website as needed (working in conjunction with the digital committee).
● Other duties as assigned.
Questions about this proposal process or the scope of services should be directed to Andrea Farmer at email@example.com.
Proposals can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. Eastern Time Wednesday, June 10, 2020.
The East Central District is hoping to identify and select an administrator no later than July 1, 2020, and would look to begin working with the selected vendor immediately thereafter.
In your proposal, please include your hourly rate, as well as the total number of hours each month you estimate it will take to complete the tasks mentioned in the Scope of Services section.
Independent public relations practitioners and association management professionals are encouraged to submit proposals. Independent public relations practitioners should be current members of a chapter within PRSA’s East Central District. The successful respondent will provide a competitive cost of services and possess the following:
● Working knowledge of basic Microsoft Office tools, including Word and Outlook
● Basic understanding of and aptitude for using office management tools, such as Google docs, basic intranet software (uploading of materials) and more
● Knowledge of WordPress or a comparable website hosting/management platform
● Excellent communication and organizational skills
● Proven track record of experience in the areas included in the scope of services
● Knowledge of associations/association management (strongly recommended)
● Basic bookkeeping skills and knowledge of online banking methods and procedures
● Ability to pass a criminal background check
References are required. Please include three professional references in your proposal.